You probably don’t know this about me, but I am a very on-task person.
I always spend my time productively.
I never waste
days hours time on the computer or playing sudoku on my phone.
I laugh at people who have no concept of time management.
Those, my dear readers, are all examples of lies.
Ugh. I love summer. I really do. But I am so unproductive sometimes, it’s not even funny.
Example. What have I done today?
Well, let’s see… I… woke up. I showered (that might seem productive, but considering I hadn’t showered for two days before, it’s not that impressive). I walked down the stairs. I went on tumblr. I made these for lunch. I went on tumblr again. Played Sudoku on my phone (I’m wasn’t kidding when I said I waste hours playing Sudoku. I just finally learned how to “play” it about a week ago, and it’s semi-literally all I do with my time now). I watered the garden…. and now I’m here. HOW IS IT ALREADY 4 O’CLOCK?!
Again, I repeat: UGH.
I so wish I was an early riser who got productive things done before noon. But alas, I am the way I am. I suppose it’s best to soak it up now during summer before school starts when I will inevitably get overwhelmed by my workload and dream about being able to do nothing all day. Meh.
A lot of the time, I’m not even being productively unproductive. I’m not reading a book or watching a movie or anything. I’m just potato-ing it up in front of my computer looking at pictures of cats and Tom Hiddleston. I mean, don’t get me wrong. I love both of those things, but after about 6 straight hours of doing nothing else I start to feel like I’m doing nothing with my life.
Anyways, lately, to try to make myself feel a bit more on top of things, I’ve been getting back into art. I’ve always loved art, and while I’m by NO stretch of the imagination an expert, I do enjoy crafts and creative outlets and the like.
- FREE! Or close enough. I finally got my hands on some Mod Podge, but other than that, I already had everything else (8 by 10 canvas panels, miscellaneous newspaper articles, black paint, paint brushes, and sharpies) all around my house! Yay for not having to break my wallet.
- It’s creative but also not incredibly mind consuming. I can hold a conversation while working on one or have an episode of New Girl on and be able to follow the story. Win win.
- I can personalize them for people’s (or my own) interests! They make great gifts that don’t take forever to make.
- Whenever I sit down to work on art, my mind tends to think more profoundly. I can think about life and death and relationships and problems without getting overwhelmed because I’m working on something that distracts me from the overwhelming nature of those topics!
- Pretty obvious, but I don’t feel entirely useless/ lazy when doing them. I’m working. I’m creating! I’m doing more than just sitting and staring at a wall! WOoo. Go Kristy. You know how to conduct life like a functioning human being!
No, but really. I really do enjoy them.
I hope you’re doing well. Go write a poem or paint a picture or bake a cake! Be creative today!